First, let us understand What is ACCA before we dwell on how you can create your future with ACCA. ACCA meaning: ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the world’s most forward-thinking professional accountancy body based in the UK with 117+ years of experience. ACCA is a globally accepted qualification for successful careers in every sector you can imagine, ranging from finance, accounting, banking, consulting, business management, audit, and accounts. ACCA Course is a globally recognized course with more than 241,000 fully qualified members and 542,000 students in 179 countries. In other words, it is a global CA qualification. ACCAs are among the world’s best-qualified accountants working in every sector you can imagine, ranging from finance to strategy, and others. Learn about how you can create your future with ACCA.
WHY Should One Pursue ACCA?
Global CA alongside Graduation:
Well begun is half done. You can start ACCA studies technically post, Class 10. However, it is common practice for students in India to start ACCA with / post Class 12 exams. One needs to clear 13 papers to qualify as an ACCA.
To know why it is a good idea to pursue ACCA alongside graduation
ACCA exam flexibility with a relatively high pass % makes it a doable course to suit your lifestyle:
- The 1st 4 papers are On Demand Exams and can be taken up throughout the year. These are online exams & completely objective with no negative marking.
- From the 5th paper onwards, there are 4 exam windows each year in March, June, September, and December. Exams are Online & consist of a mixture of objective and subjective questions.
- You can choose how you study, and how often you sit for your exams. You can even appear for one paper at a time every 3 months. There are no group-wise exams and hence the schedule of your study can be set at your own pace. You do not have to give up on other activities and can easily fit classes and self-study into your existing lifestyle. Further, the global pass % is high at 50% on average which is relatively higher than any other professional exam.
To know everything about ACCA Exams watch the below video:
Assured job opportunities in India and abroad through a dedicated “Job Portal” with comparable salaries as per industry standards:
- Every year, thousands of students look for a job in India. A professional course like ACCA simultaneously with your B. Com gives you a professional edge to head start your career. ACCAs are highly sought-after in every sector by big four accounting & auditing firms, viz. KPMG, E&Y, Deloitte, PWC and multinational companies like Citicorp, JP Morgan, Microsoft, HSBC, Siemens, Nestle, and Accenture amongst others. The Corporate sector knows and trusts the ACCA designation. ACCA is actively connecting with businesses large and small, governments, educational establishments, and opinion formers. ACCA currently works with more than 7609 Approved Employers and 80 accountancy partnerships worldwide. ACCA has a dedicated job portal to help you find internships and job placements to access that please click here.
- The ACCA qualification doesn’t limit you to one sector. You can navigate your professional life in any direction you aspire. As an ACCA member, you will open doors to opportunities of working across sectors, be it the public sector, banking, financial services, the corporate sector, or an independent consulting practice giving you access to a broad spectrum of interesting roles. An ACCA can work across fields as a Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial or Business Analyst, Financial Consultant, Management Consultant, Financial Planner, etc. Many MNCs in India are also recruiting ACCA-qualified professionals in International Taxation and MIS due to the financial reporting requirements of the parent company e.g. reporting under IFRS. The start salary of ACCA-qualified professionals is at par with any other similar professional and is in the range of INR 4-6 lakhs p.a. in India. Hence you get an excellent head start in the Corporate sector at the early age of 20 years.
To know about ACCA Job Opportunities in India and Abroad watch the below video:
ACCA qualification is a prestigious global professional qualification with worldwide recognition. The ACCAs can take up interesting job roles across varied sectors and fields in India and abroad. You can easily achieve this with graduation by fitting this into your lifestyle due to the flexible exam structure. Thus, at age 20 you can make your future with ACCA by joining the professional workforce in the best of the organizations with a good start salary and take your career as high as you aspire to C Suite titles like CFO, and CEO amongst others.